Today I am sharing with you all a delicious quick recipe with bread. Chilly Bread is all time favorite snack with goes well with a hot cup of tea. It’s a perfect tea party snack which can be made within minutes with simple ingredients.
I have made this recipe a bit spicy but you can adjust the spice level according to your taste. Also I preferred toasting the bread slices as it involves less oil, you can also fry them too. Lets see how to make this scrumptious easy snack recipe.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Serves: 3 people
- 8 bread slices
- 1 onion cubed
- 1 capsicum cubed
- 1 small carrot thinly sliced
- 2-3 green chillies slit lengthwise
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp green chilly sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
1. Cut the edges of the bread and slightly toast from both sides in a non stick pan using oil or butter.
2. Once done cut the bread slices in square pieces and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a non stick pan, add garlic saute for a minute.
4. Add onions saute for few seconds or till they are light pink in colour.
5. Add thinly sliced carrot, green chillies and capsicum. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Do not over cook, the capsicum should not lose its crunch.
7. Add tomato sauce, green chilly sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper powder, salt and mix everything well.
8. At last add the toasted bread pieces and gently mix with the masala. Cook for one more minute and switch off the flame.
9. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with a cup of tea. Enjoy!
I used green chilly sauce in the recipe you can also use red chilly sauce. I hope you like the recipe do share your feedback, I would love to hear from you. Happy cooking!